Mr. Fish and I made an unplanned trip to San Diego because his mom wasn’t feeling well –depends on how you interpret it. Maybe she just misses us (as in Mr. Fish). It made me think about how we would go out of town to many weekends in a row at some point and how we’re glad to come home.
Anyways, it was a very unplanned trip and we already had our own set of plans this past weekend. I was already planning do some work (like as in work work, not as in house work or craftwork) and Mr. Fish wanted to see his friends in the OC. We talked about how people (including parents) just can’t make us go with a drop of a hat.
Here are 10 things I miss about being at home:
1. Sleeping comfortably – depends on how you interpret it
2. Walking around comfortably – see #1.
3. Weather - We brought clothes for the cooler weather in San Diego and it so hot hot hot! We didn’t think we were coming back home to the cool Valley.
4. Not worrying about missing things – I always forget my lotion or my contact solution. We always make a trip to go to the pharmacy to buy the things we forgot at home.
5. Our TV – I’ve had every provider available and we could not figure out how to use the TV at my fiance’s sister’s house. Why go high-tech everything?
6. Silence – There’s good silence and then there’s awkward silence. When Mr. Fish and I go to his parent’s house when it’s silent — it’s awkward. Mr. Fish feels he’s speak to say something. Since Mr. Fish has a big family, having more people coming over still did not create as much noise.
7. Working out during commercials — for me it’s something to do. I am not the type that gets attracted to commercials easily so I find something productive to do in the next 2 minutes. Home is where I know I can do some squats or push-ups during commercial breaks.
8. Saving money- I know when we try to invite people over from San Diego to visit us, they don’t want to come over because they say it’s too far away and too expensive to make a trip. We’ve made a trip to SD too many times and it’s pricey. We really do prefer staying home and making some dinner .
9. Internet –
10. Just being comfortable – The first thing I look forward to coming home is vegging out on the couch.