It’s funny when I first started Facebook my feed had the following photos and statuses:
- Things people did over the weekend (usually it was dorm or house parties and clubbing
- People hanging out in the room playing video games, studying, or smoking
- Complaining school is hard
Now my feed has photos and statuses of:
- engagement rings
- giving birth
- talking/preaching about motherhood
Today, on my feed I had this status:
“It is so amazing how much you can get done when your up at 4 am with a baby laundry is done and folded dishes are done and put away _____s lunch is made coffee made just waiting for ____ to get up so i can put the laundry away lets hope today continues to be this productive”
First of all, why are there no punctuation marks? There wasn’t even a period at the end of this status.
I know I’m not the best writer but this is just awful. Maybe an accomplishment can be proof-reading your status? You did wake up at 4 am — maybe take a minute to proofread before you post your status. It’s unbearable.
Probably what made me sick was the part “It is so amazing how much you can get done when your up at 4 am with a baby”. It’s like nobody EVER wakes up at 4 am unless you have a baby. Plenty of people without babies wake up at 4 am for the following reasons:
- Work, because you got a long commute
- Work, because you got a report due that day (Been having plenty of those)
- School, because you got an exam or a report due in a few hours (Had plenty of those too)
- You have to pee really bad and you can’t go back to sleep
- You can’t sleep because you woke up from a nightmare
- Something loud like sirens
- Natural disasters like earthquake or maybe just rain :-P
- One night stand and you got to leave before s/he wakes up
- Getting ready to go to the gym before work
See what I mean… Plenty of people all over the world wake up at 4 am. A lot people, including myself, sees sleeping in as a luxury. I would feel terrible if I sleep in whenever I wanted everyday.