So K and I got MARRIED! And I got to catch up with posting again. Surprisingly, this past week I was very tired. I wondering if it’s all retrograde tired-ness because I have spent SEVERAL weeks doing lots of DIY projects.
We finished our wedding cake. We also have another cake from my coworkers and that’s in the freezer. I don’t think we’ll wait a year to eat that other cake. All I know is that I don’t want to see cake for a while…
On the way, there will be wedding photos taken by our professional photographer — that will come in 8 weeks. Also, I’ve got plenty of posts backed up talking about wedding stuff until then. I’ll talk about:
- Things I should’ve done differently with my wedding planning – I was suppose to post it BEFORE my wedding but where did time go? This also includes I should’ve had a higher friend to family guest ratio. Its makes the wedding more fun.
- No, I do not have post-wedding depression at all - I really don’t. Those who know me know that I did more life planning than wedding planning. I almost forgot we already booked some events already.
- Thing people say before the wedding/after the wedding - I’m a pretty cynical person.
- Expectations – Nope, we won’t buy a house and you can’t move in!
- Vendor reviews – Much needed. Our vendors deserve a lot of love.
- All about wedding guests and Asian weddings – Some of our wedding guests consisted of people we didn’t know because his family likes wanted to invite EVERYONE! This falls under culture and my family background vs. his family background.
- Finances – and doing it as a team.
Today, I will talk about the things we’ve done the past week as a married couple. We did not have a honeymoon. We went back to work on Tuesday and went through the week. So how did it go?
Sunday (Day after the wedding) - Packed up from the hotel. Went to brunch with a couple of our friends in Torrance. We went home and organized our wedding leftovers, opened gifts, organized who brought what, unpack, unpack,unpack. I was very excited when a bottle of lye I ordered from Amazon came in, I was fixing our SLOW draining bathtub and guess what it’s works!
Monday – Ate wedding leftovers. K had to study for school. I bought a new comforter. Later on, we talked about finances such as saving for our vacation and our future travels.
Tuesday – We both went back to work. I felt like I was busier.
Wednesday – I was really, really tired. It’s so hard to get back to gear.
Thursday – I had to travel to work today. Also, K got really sick from eating the wedding leftovers that he brought to lunch. I think they’re getting old. So for dinner we went to Korean BBQ down the street from our place.
Friday – I went to the gym this morning. After work, we tossed our wedding leftovers, we thought about going grocery shopping but instead we went to LYFE Kitchen in Tarzana. I loved my pizzadillawich, but I think I would DEFINITELY come back for the drinks. The ginger pomegranate lemonade was really strong.
Saturday – Went to the Sriracha factory and did their tour — got free Sriracha ice cream, popcorn, caramel, and Sriracha shirt. Met a couple people and went to Din Tai Fung afterwards with them. I wished they sold postcards so I can send them to our wedding guests saying “Wish you were here.”
Wish you were here
Yes, I know sexy newlywed stuff — cleaning, balancing budgets, and unpacking. We will have a mini-honeymoon during his school break to Lake Tahoe but then we’ll go on a bigger honeymoon in Italy after he finishes school. I think even if we had the choice to do the honeymoon immediately, we can still wait. I’m glad we waited because after the wedding I was so tired. I don’t think if we were to go right away, we would have the energy to enjoy the honeymoon. But yes, to all those folks who go “what? You’re going back to work?” Come on, it’s inevitable, it’s always back to reality, back to the grind no matter how long your wedding phase lasts.