Me and my boyfriend went to Target to buy a gift from the registry. By the time we got to the cash register, I just realized that we forgot to buy a gift bag but there was no time to run back and get a gift bag and arrive to the wedding on time.
Then my boyfriend had a brilliant idea asking the cashier guy to double bag our stuff. I told him “we’re wrapping our gifts in Target plastic bags?” and the cashier says “well it’s all right to be ghetto once in a while” and I said “but this is a wedding!”
…and well…he’s right…it’s all right to be ghetto once in a while…and that defined the rest of the night.
At Marina Village
In order of occurance:
- the invitation says the ceremony started at 6 but really it started at 7. Even our friends arrived super late but yet just in time for the ceremony
- the bride– the way she carried herself was so gangsta
- the audience during the ceremony was more like a peanut gallery. You know the part where the priest says “yada yada yada say ‘I do'” and she doesn’t say “I do” but the audience and her mom kept screaming out “say I do, I do!” I think the reason why the audience acted they way they did was because they’re probably hungry. I was already hungry myself because the wedding did start an hour late.
- After the ceremony the bride goes “everyone go to the reception and drink! Get wasted!”
- We go into the reception hall and there were already people getting food (it was buffet style). Keep in mind no bride and groom yet so we ate before they showed up an hour and a half later. This is what happens when the wedding is an hour late.
- When the wedding party was getting in the mom goes “EVERYBODY STOP EATING FOR A SECOND–OR MAYBE A WHILE” so that’s when the bridesmaids and the groomsmen make their entrance.
- When the flower girl and ring boy were about to make their entrance, the DJ introduces the bride and grooms’ name and the bride goes “wait! You got it all wrong!” The DJ did not know the name of the flower girl and ring so people kept shouting it out.
- the bride kept dropping the F-bomb throughout the reception
- the bride kept arguing with her mom
- There was an open bar and everytime the bartender walked out, everyone ran to the bar pouring their own drinks and grabbing the alcohol
- The toast speeches were funny and kind of shallow. There were phrases that consist of “beer pong”, “my friend was smoking out–just kidding I guess”, “I farted on his face”, “oh he (groom) is so totally into you that’s why he’s talking about that other hot chick”, “We manipulated him (groom) to go out with her (bride) and look they’re married.”
- I only heard half of the toasts speeches because everyone wase talking not listening to the toasts. Or people were saying half their speeches because they were laughing and couldn’t finish their speeches.
- The garter part was kind of awkward. The groom took the garter off with his hands but his bride kept telling him “no use your mouth” but he didn’t use his mouth. So the bride announced “look we’re going to do the garter toss again and we’re going to do it the right way” and it looked like the best man did the job. Awkward.
- I like Alicia Keys and everything but why is “Teenage Love Affair” (I know she’s not talking about teenagers literally but the title…) the song of the night (it was played twice). There were other questionable songs too.
-btw, we were the youngest people in the whole guest list which is 23-27 (other than the wedding party being 21-23 years old). Everyone else was late thirties and above.
Anyways, after the wedding–I didn’t feel so bad about the Target plastic bag wrapped wedding gift.